Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"Scandalous Grace" - Julie Ann Barnhill

I first heard Julie speak at my first Hearts-at-Home conference 5 years ago...she is funny, passionate and so friendly!!! She moved me with her workshop on "She's Gonna Blow!: Real Help for Moms Dealing with Anger"...

Get your hanky ready...and not for tears...(unless you are laughing so much, it makes you cry...) enough said...you have to read it to know what i'm talking about...

Are you tired of struggling to please everybody - most of all yourself? I was...

Are you secretly afraid there's no way God could really love you? I did...

You must Read this book! Julie puts God's grace, tender mercy, and overwhelming love in language any woman can understand and relate to.

Beware - the grace Julie writes of may sound too good to be true.

But if you'll allow for the possiblilty that God really does love YOU like this...

This book will start you down a path toward true intimacy with God. This is not a deeply theological book. This is one woman writing about her Beloved and inviting you to join in.

With passion, she introduces women to the realities of unconditional grace and gives them examples of how to live in the light of such extravagant love.

And to quote Julie "I am a mess of magnificient proportions!!!" and I'm geting to the point where I am ok with that...becasue God Loves me anyway!!!

1 comment:

~Lisa~ said...

Hey - if you own this book, I'd love to read it. Julie is a riot!